Antiquitarian Cake Stand
I really really really loved this when I saw it online. I mean, how could you not? Unfortunately, the mercury paint chips frequently. It's not on the part the food actually touches-so there's no food contamination worries. But I've had it for a while, and even endured a move, and it has lost it's luster.
I kept it, because I still just think it's so cute. However, I know it's life span is small.
March 24, 2015
silver paint comes off do not use with food
When this cake stand arrived I took it out of the box and ran it under water to get the dust off, and what also came off was the silver paint. It was all over my hands and clothes. I'm lucky I didn't breath it in or get any in my eyes. Within less than 5 minutes of this arriving, two thirds of the faux mercury silver paint was gone. How an item of this poor quality made it past your company's better judgement should be an embarrassment to you. This item should be recalled. Hopefully no one makes the mistake of serving food or cake on this thing and have any humans ingest the silver paint.
April 22, 2014