Rated 4.7 out of 5Â by 61
Rated 5 out of 5 Fairytale Dress
I had an outdoor wedding in the Maine woods in October and this dress could not have been more perfect. I wanted a dress that was light and easy to move around in, and would be comfortable for the entire day. This dress was wonderful and wasn't uncomfortable for a second, not to mention it photographed beautifully.
November 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5
Â by Artemis0701 SWOONâ?¦.
I wanted not too traditional looking and very romantic. plus comfortable. this dress fit the bill perfectly.
A few things to add to what's been written, for anyone whose on the fence:
1) This dress does not have to be for a beachy or shabby-chic wedding; Ours was a small but fairly chic restaurant wedding, and the dress felt very elegant in that setting. It's very adaptable.
2) In daylight, the dress looks pretty ivory and the bronze doesn't really show through at all. In dim light, night time, or candle light, though, the bronze comes through in a very romantic way. two different looks in one dress.
3) I am medium dark skin tone, and I loved how it looked against my skin. I am 5'3" and worried a lot about dresses being designed for much taller women, looking awkward on me even after alterations. In 3" heels, with just about two inches taken off the bottom, and maybe a bit more taken off the back bc I am clumsy, I didn't feel the design or feel were compromised in any way.
4) I walked down the aisle with a fingertip veil, and no sash at all, so that the veil wouldn't be disrupted by bow in back. About halfway through cocktail hour, I took veil off, and added damselfly sash, which gave a nice sparkle to offset bronze. I also got the faux fur stole (white) to wear when stepping outside, and it got lots of compliments.
5) I love love love how it looks in photos; attaching two so folks can see the look in daylight vs night light.
November 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 Love!
The Penelope gown was exactly what I wanted, sweet, whimsical and simple, but detailed enough to pop in photos. It was perfect for our fall, distillery wedding. It traveled well and was incredibly comfortable. The bust had to be taken in a little, but other than that it fit perfectly.
November 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 Absolutely light and dreamy!
When shopping for a wedding dress my wants were: romantic, simple, comfortable, and tulle. As soon as I tried on this dress, I knew it was the one. The bottom is fun, light and playful while the top is sophisticated and elegant. The illusion neckline and the detail of the lace is stunning. The fabric underneath is a bronze shade and truly made the dress unique. I'm fair skinned but a tan prevented me from looking washed out. I danced the night away without having to worry about everything staying in place and if I wanted to sit, it was comfortable! I would wear this dress over and over again.
What buyers should know:
If you are a busty girl like me, finding a bra was not easy because the back is low and sheer. After trying about 10 different bras and bringing up my concerns, my seamstress added a nude piece of fabric so I was able to wear a regular strapless bra.
A bustle is possible! We added snap buttons to the fabric underneath and attached several small hooks to the tulle to clip near my waist. With a bit of practice, my MOH had no issues!
Everything gets caught in the fabric. No bling on your shoes, sorry ladies!
November 9, 2015