Rated 3 out of 5Â by 3
Rated 2 out of 5Â by Verified Reviewer Poor Value
Although this dress is the antithesis of my style, it fit the aesthetic my friend wanted for her bridesmaids and was on sale ($120), so I went for it.
Having read reviews indicating that the dress runs large, I ordered a size down, and the smaller size fits correctly. However, the dress is still quite long--even with three-inch heels--so I'm having it hemmed. Because the dress is covered in sequins, the tailor is charging more (about $75) for the work.
Given the original price of the dress, it's surprisingly poorly constructed. Not only does it shed sequins constantly, but the design of the bodice is strange. The lining features a side zip, and the sequined overlay snaps together over the zipper. Snapping the fabric in place puts tension on the stitching and causes more sequins to fall off. At this point, I'm curious to see what kind of shape the dress will be in at the end of the wedding.
May 24, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5
Â by Verified Reviewer AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a bride and I have ordered this dress for my bridesmaids (and an extra for myself to wear down the track). I'm absolutely obsessed with it.
(sorry, i didnt have a full length mirror when i took this).
I hope the close up helps as its hard to see what this dress looks like close up in the promo pictures.
- The material is stretchy, so it has room to give and the outside layer hangs nicely over it.
- It is very well made.
- The zip is on the side and covered up nicely with snap pins (not sure what they are called).
- The sparkle on the dress is absolutely STUNNING! gorgeous , gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!
- You will fill a million dollars in this, trust me. Its very flattering on.
- I don't think this is some thing you can wear a bra with. It dips down and the back. (i'd stick to a stick on bra for those that need that sort of thing).
-Because the color is unusual (kind of a light copper), its hard to color match things to it.
- It is long and needs to be hemmed up. The under-cote is a simple hem up and the sparkle top net layer, i guess can be simply cut with scissors and given a sew over the vertical line of sequences.
I waited about a month for my order. It came BEAUTIFULLY wrapped in a cute box with a ribbon, ready to give to my bridesmaids.
November 10, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5Â by Verified Reviewer A lot larger than expected.
This dress is very beautiful in person. It however fits about a size, maybe even two sizes larger than expected. I used the measurement guide on the website to guide my decision. This dress is also very long and if I kept it would have to get it hemmed. I am 5'10" and even with heels would need a couple inches taken off.
As a side note I have had much difficulty ordering this dress due to back order dates being changed so caution if you are on a deadline and the dress is not in stock. It may take longer than you think to become in stock.
October 2, 2015