To Our BHLDN Community
BHLDN, as an Anthropologie company, was founded on the values and principles of inclusiveness and cultural understanding. Every day, we strive to do better, to be better – to better serve our customer and our community.
Discriminatory behavior or bias, in any and every form and expression, has no place at BHLDN. We reject racism. We stand with the Black community and believe that Black lives matter. We are deeply saddened and disturbed by reports of racial profiling in our stores, and we apologize, profusely and unequivocally, to any customer who was made to feel unwelcome.
As a company, we are making impactful changes that address our commitment to the Black community. We are taking the following actions:
- We have hired an external third-party to conduct a comprehensive review of our store practices. We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding discrimination or racial profiling in any form.
- We formed an internal, cross-functional Diversity & Inclusivity (D&I) Committee to develop an actionable strategy in partnership with our Executive Team (including Shared Services) and outside consultants.
- We will conduct mandatory D&I training for all store employees to be completed by July 30th. All Home Office teams will participate in similar training.
- We will expand our recruiting efforts at Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- We will increase representation of Black models, influencers, and brand partners.
We are making these additional commitments:
- We are sponsoring a full four-year scholarship for a young Black student pursuing studies in fashion design. We hope that the first scholarship will be awarded to an individual for the upcoming academic year. As a global fashion retailer, we embrace our position to empower the next generation of aspiring Black artists, designers, and creators. It is our duty to do so.
- We will help rebuild and grow businesses in Black communities.
- We are making a donation of $100,000 to the United Negro College Fund. We are making a 3:1 employee donation match to this organization and to contributions made to:
- The Innocence Project
- The Antiracist Research and Policy Center
- The Equal Justice Initiative
- Year Up
We hold ourselves accountable and look forward to sharing our progress.