Belts & Sashes
Belts & Sashes 101
Everything you need to know
Consider your gown's undertones
when choosing a sash
• For creamy ivory gowns, enhance warm tones with champagne or gold embellishments.
• For bright ivory (almost white) gowns, play up cool tones with silver, opal, or clear crystal.
Complement your gown's best features
• Pair flowy or lace gowns with a sash featuring organic details and soft lines.
• Pair clean or modern silhouettes with a more structured, geometric sash.
Create your own style with bridal separates
• For a cohesive look, add a sash to tie the top and bottom together.
Highlight and slim your natural waist
• Place the sash between your navel and the bottom of your rib cage for the most flattering silhouette.
• Ask an expert tailor to tack it into place for your big day.
Let your gown's back detail shine
• Ask your tailor to remove the ribbons from the sash and fasten the sash embellishment directly to your gown. Voilà!
If you're more into belts than bows...
• For an elegant, refined look without the bow, an expert tailor can add a hook-and-eye, discreet snap, or sweet button closure to the sash.